Re: XPL best practices

Patricia wrote, re Carl's post:
Note that SA %nn,d:\path\filename automatically overwrites any existing
file with that name, saving you the trouble of testing for existence and
ERNVing it in advance.

Fascinating. How did you find that? By trial and error?
Isn't SA %nn a variant way of doing what we used to do with STSGT or some
similar command? I used to have A.SAV and X.SAV all over the place, and it
made sense that new ones would overwrite earlier ones because they reflect
what is *currently* in memory--so they are by nature temporary (though
".SAV" suggests the opposite, in a sense).

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx