Re: XPL best practices

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Content of xytowp.cod:
@echo off
cd d:\xyw4dos\filters
echo Export XyWrite %1 to WordPerfect v6 %2
W4W17F.EXE %1 /N /V2
DELAY.EXE 2
if exist %2 del %2
REM /V1=WordPerfect v6.0; TRY also /V2 switch for v6.1
W4W48T.EXE %2 /N /V1

You need to say, either (simplest):
 d:
 cd [d:]\xyw4dos\filters
Even if the current logged drive (where both Editor.exe
and the batfile are) is, in fact, D:? If I were running
the batfile from C:. then, sure, I need to log into
another drive first.
or, under NT's CMD.EXE:
 cd /D d:\xyw4dos\filters
or (because it works on any Win32 platform, using KMD.EXE):
 kmd /c cd /D d:\xyw4dos\filters
Use the /D switch to change current drive in addition to changing current
directory for a drive. Not available with Win9x's COMMAND.COM
I do intend to invoke KMD.EXE to actually run the
batfile, because you told me (a long time ago) that
trying to run the filters in the same VDM with Xy gets
one OOM. (I don't know where the simple DOS/nv/z /c
command came from; a discarded version possibly.
Sorry.) So that's very useful. But again, since I'm NOT
changing the current drive (since Editor.EXE is in
D:\xyw4dos; I think I've got ALL my machines configured
thus now), do I need /D? Can one have kmd.exe as well
as cmd.exe on a W2K box? Of course, Xy is running under
command.com there (per your suggestion a while back),
so one could invoke cmd.exe to get a second VDM.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx