Re: From NB NY [Descenders]

At 02:30 PM 7/10/2008, Bill Troop wrote:
Typetool is a scaled-down version of FontLab and I expect it should work well. However, in this case, I would just use FC and stick to TT fonts unless there is some compelling reason to use PS (which, all other things being equal, I prefer to TT).
Thanks, Bill. I find the Adobe Courier Standard works well for me.
It's easy to use to edit manuscript. All I wanted to do was increase
the line gap so it would read better in NotaBene's draft mode, where
you can not control the letting. Instead, I've done some clunky
formatting to allow me to use the font with more letting in the
program's Page-Line view, then I wrote a little XPL routine to remove
that formatting when I'm ready to print. Appreciate your suggestions.
Michael Norman