Re: Dodging Windows "Quit" default in XyWin

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Yo Intl. wrote:

> Dorothy Day:
> >Not true; the nb.dfl file is in your Nbwin\Users\default directory, and
> >may be modified as readily as any other xy/nb management file.
>
> You are right, there is, although it feels strangely limited.
> By the way:
> - There is no "import" item in the NB menu. In XY-Win, I have my scanned
> signature in my Fax template. Any way to do this in NB?

I assume the "merge" command (me) is what you want. You're right that
for a windows program it's odd not to have a menu item for Insert a
file; I suspect that folks used to the ME command overlooked that little
detail... There's also the boilerplate approach, which was in the NB4.5
menus but not here.

> - There is no table feature in the menu; tables in NB have to be entered
> manually.

Another of the high-priority but still not finished menu items. There's
been plenty of clamour for this too; I don't know when it will be done,
but probably soon, now that Lingua is finished.

  Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
School of Library & Information Science
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."