Re: XYWRITE DEVEL

    Harmon, OS/2 is an interesting product, but there's no
way it's going to give XyWrite for DOS access to its font width
tables, just to bigin with. Or its screen fonts. (It could
conceivable force them on the program, the way Windows does when
you for a DOS app into a window, but that's not the same thing at
all.) And while it could certainly allow XyWrite for DOS to find
all the EMS it wants (Windows can do that, too), it can't
conceivably reprogram the executable to behave like one that'd
been built to use OS/2's memory model.

    I suspect you misunderstood my point; I wasn't comparing
OSes; I was pointing at the advantages programs built for a
large-memory-model / GUI / multitask environment have over DOS
programs running in DOS windows.

    Is this really the sort of place for nagging OS
proselytization? No,
I haven't tried OS/2. Every time I think about it I hear a bit of
news that puts me off (the last: no driver for my CD-Rom). I
really don't want to have to fret about skragging a disk every
time I need to use womthing like an undelete utility, either.