MD DD

Got tangled up in neurons trying to remember how to change color for Defined text. Here's a section of settings.dfl:

; DD is number used to compute display of defined text
; Defined text does not display in this mode number
DF DD=46
I'm running the absolutely best Mac port for XY, crisp clean display, prints with TY no questions asked, integrates also with Mac OS files, so much faster than the setup I've used for years, DosBOX hosted.

It's Dr Mendelson's excellent vDosMac.app. Anybody need details there's a couple of HTML docs in the package; I had about five days of tweaking then got it. Perfect.

Anyway that line from settings, Defined text does not display in this mode number, some algorithm integrating Define with the rest of the display, but what's the math? How do I change it (in XyWrite natively)?

Thank you.