OT: Web runs slow after RAM upgrade

I have heard of this. What happens is that the Windows Swap File grows
enormously. Especially in an older system with a slower hard drive, this
can really drag things down. Do you hear a lot of drive accessing when
you're online? Compare with offline. I read somewhere that Swap file size
is proportioned to either total RAM or total disk size, but cannot recall
which. I do know there is a magic ratio one should use of Swap file size
to whichever the other item is. Try Robert's setting and see how that
works, while I try to hunt through my books and articles.

I don't think you really have a resource conflict, assuming that Colorado
is a tape drive? (which you wouldn't be using at the same time you're
using your modem). IRQs are just legal fictions since 98 and the newer
BIOSes: That IRQ holder for PCI steering manages all IRQ requests and
does a fair juggling act. I've never known of a resource conflict that
WASN'T reported (though that doesn't prove it COULDN'T happen).
Patricia