Re: Footnotes/End notes formatting

Michael Norman wrote:
Education? It's commerce and convention we're talking about. Customers, and what they want and don't want,
Yes, but isn't the assumption that the customers don't like those
funny little numbers (just as the wonder about "those funny
little marks foreigners stick on letters"--i.e., accents) because
they have not been trained in the scholarly discipline of using
them? And that has happened because teachers discovered (this was
an actual quote--substantially; I cannot recall the ipsissima
verba) that kids get insulted if teachers try to tell them
anything they don't already know.
Apologies for the typos in my last. I'm working on getting better
lighting on my laptop, but until then, I'm almost literally
working in the dark. And I could never touch type.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx