Re: Saving files; off-topic

I'm a tad puzzled about all the discussion of saving all files. The
routine that Tim describes as requiring the use of the menus can also be
achieved (in the out-of-the-box keyboard for XyWDos 4.017) with CTL+L: it
takes a snapshot of your system, saves all open files, and gives you a
choice of continuing or exiting XyWrite. When you want to return to the
status quo ante, hit Ctrl+L again, and you get a choice of saving or
restoring a session. Hit restore, and you get a choice of all such saved
sessions. No doubt a customized XPL routine might be more specific and
less cluttered (you do have to make choices with radio boxes and the
like), but the out-of-the-box routine can be a real help when working on
several different projects.
	Rene's BOOTGUI will let you boot to "DOS 7"; that is, the DOS that (pace
Micro$oft's claims to the contrary) underlies Windows 9.x.
	Latin before even XyW say I; it's the most accessible way to understand
Indo-European grammar, of which English (and French, German, Italian,
Spanish, et al.) are subsets. And grammar is necessary for the kind of
abstract thinking that is a precondition for civilization--and that
pointing and clicking and GUIs actively discourage.
Patricia