Re: XyWin stops working

** Reply to message from "andy turnbull"  on
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:52:53 -0400

> I tried Nota Bene but it didn't work for me, because it
> seemed to want to produce only finished (typeset) work.
> That's the same problem as Word

How so? Word produces binary files, and intervenes a lot in the
writing process. NB doesn't intervene at all (or readily can be
configured to keep quiet), and produces plain text.

Every word processor has a default configuration. Even Xy3. If
NB's defaults produce what you call "finished work", then its
easy enough to suppress/disable/alter those finishing touches.
Apparently somebody reconfigured Xy3 for you, so you got what
you wanted.

TYP for Xy3 is available here:
 http://holmgren.home.acedsl.com/TYP_XY3.ZIP
Read the HLP file for instructions.
For more, pursue this thread at XySearch:
 http://xywrite.org/msg00202.htm

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx