Re: XyWin stops working

** Reply to message from Harmon Seaver  on
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:20:26 -0500

> Why do people get conned into buying 3ghz boxes and vista???? I mean
> if you are playing video games all day or working as a film editor, I
> can see it, but for writing???

Few people buy a computer for a single purpose. Few people can
foresee all the uses they may encounter. Modern apps suck up
the juice! The average user leaves a lot of windows open, with
concurrently running programs (which is handy, let's face it --
because we multitask in our heads as well as on our machines).
This especially happens to people (like me) who never turn their
machine off. Throw one instance of Photoshop into that mix, or
a 20Mb graphic, and you may slow to a crawl.

I have NEVER felt that I had enough power, or that I couldn't
use more.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx