WILD CARDS

Thanks for doing the work on the wildcard parsing. I'm incorporating it into a
new version of stack, so that wildcards and carriage returns will be
appropriately stacked. I will also take the opportunity to package the stack
routines better (i.e., with better documentation for installation and an
explanation of co-existence options) and put in my sef routine (which borrow
your footnote technology). I am still equivocating between just look in
footnote series 1 (or 2 or three) or all footnotes at once (the latter has the
disadvantage of also looking at rh, rf ,etc.). As a perennial defender of
XyQuest (except their marketing), they have finally managed to piss me off. Not
enough to do anything but whine, but, hmmm, maybe I'll leave it for a private
communication. Anyway, thanks again for the polished wildcard routine. (I
forget if I mentioned this to you, but one of Tyson's great ideas was to redo
the screen f0nts so that ascii 0, ascii 255 and ascii 32 are all distinct and I
followed his suggestoin to make 255 be two little F's vertically stacked and
ascii 0 is the word nul written vertically. It is surprising how many places
the FF's pop up in various programs screen displays.