PHONE LINES

   For what it's worth, I've been logging on from the outback of southern
West Virginia for months. I've had line noise ONLY once or twice and NONE
recently. I operate at 2400 baud. For those with odd problems that seem to
originate on their end, you might have company check outside connection. I
had a similar problem, especially when it was damp or raining, and discovered
a slight exposure at the box. It was allowing moisture to affect the
transmissions.