Re: OT Re: virus warning

And Jeff wrote:

> I hope this info helps someone. I agree with you about F-Prot > too, by the way, Andy, but I use Clamwin and AVG together with > Spybot Search & Destroy and Lavasoft's Ad-Aware (all these are > free).

I've heard of Malware Bytes.

My regular A-V for Win is Avast. Spybot and Ad-Aware are
anti-spyware, which is probably not very relevant to this
threat.

I think my risk exposure is lower than average, but I'm
going to try to make more frequent boot partition images,
just in case. That would probably be more availing than
any restore point, and far less drastic than a reinstall
from scratch, a notion I truly cringe at.

 Jordan