Re: Stack question

Robert wrote:
I hope other readers are ignoring this discussion, because it is very
confusing, and also very irrelevant to them.

I second that.
I now have found how to switch the LU and $D. The switchability allows each person to select his own correlation of up/down with pastwards.

My error was in misinterpreting this from STACK.DOC:

" Insert frame {{5$D}} in .DLG, then assign "$D" to CursorDown in the .KBD
 file, and assign ≪SV621,CU $D≫ in {{5stack.int}."
I carelessly read "insert" and "assign" as designating the same procedure. So I inserted the new definition of s/g 621 at the top of 5stack.int. After having done that, STACK seemed to work (probably due to the default def at ). Then when I tried switching the order, I made the change in the order only in the beginning (superfluous) code I'd added, rather than at .
So the moral is: when Robert and Carl's stuff doesn't work, I should assume
I screwed up, and go look for where. Wish that were true with other software!
And, to Carl, yes, the comma was there for punctuational reasons, not as
content included in the string. After many years of copy-editing, I am
imprinted on that. But you're right, of course, that it can't be allowed in
discussing strings in computers.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx