Re: StarOffice -Reply -Reply

Steve Crutchfield wrote:

> Does Version 2.0 have XyWrite filters?

 No XY filters -- and I see now that the Linux version doesn't have the
WP filters (nor most of those in v. 2) either. And also that they must
have changed their own format several times, from v. 2.0 to 3.0 to 3.1,
so maybe those other filters aren't done yet.
 I wonder how hard it would be to get them to make that little URL
window into a command line? Who knows, maybe they've never even heard of
XY or think it's a dead horse, so no one needs filters. Did XyQuest ever
put out a German version of XY?? If they did, it would be neat to get a
copy into the hands of StarDiv so they could see the benefits of a
command line mode.
  I saw a number of posts on usenet regarding the slowness of SO, and
it seems that the primary reason is that it includes code to make it run
on windoz machines as well. Too bad. Maybe now that they've got all the
versions out, they will optimize code for each platform. Or just drop
the offending code entirely.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you