Re: Dosemu practically full-screen

Rafe,
I haven't had problems with fullscreen Xywrite but I tend not to use it because of the simplicity of moving back and forth between Xy4 and other programs when not fullscreen. Also, on a 19 in. desktop monitor, fullscreen really isn't nec. And, mostly importantly and probably deserving of mention first, I don't have an nVidia card, just Intel, so it's not a valid comparison.
I tend not to use Mint currently because I'm heavily tweaked for Ubuntu
since 10.04 (use quicklists a lot for quick access from several related
programs/items from one launcher), but do like Mint. Also, in Mint, I've
had some access issues on certain sites that want specific browsers;
Firefox in Ubuntu was fine, Firefox in Mint not.
What are your font settings for dosemu when you run into problems? (IE,
other than dosemu's ugly base font.) And have you tried forcing Unity 2D
for your 12.04 session -- 2D has its limitations, but if fullscreen is
what you want, it might solve your problems.
Yr comments re xdosemu vs dosemu with Nouveau intrigue me; I thought
xdosemu was just a link to dosemu, and the dosemu under X (not in
terminal and the like) and xdosemu were the same. (My launcher, just for
reference, is "dosemu.bin xy".)

Paul Lagasse