Re: New PostGhost and Xy2PDF frames - XyShell NOT Required

Oh, horrors! I was so annoyed with myself for not being able to get
Xy2PDF working that I forgot to thank Robert for the additions to my font
proof. Others who dislike the look of those straight, typewriter-style
primes (in place of real, curved single and double quotation marks--sixes
and nines, the typesetters used to call them) should notice that with
Postscript, the ordinary, keyboard grave accent and apostrophe already
give you sixes and nines. No need to use Speedo chars 266 and 267. Of
course, if you somtimes print to Postscript and sometimes to Truetype,
you need to edit your PS prn file's substitution table, so that 266=` and
267='. Now to see how to get the double versions (though one could, in a
pinch, use two graves and two apostrophes).

Thanks too for the URL of the TT to PS font conversion. Haven't time to
look at it now (baking chores call), but will definitely.
Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx