Re: DOS emulator

> DosBox. Failing an improvement in Tame (Any word, Martin?)

	No---I haven't heard back from him.

	Regarding Robert Holmgren's remarks about not noticing the problem on
his setup: I think hardware/software differences must cause differences
in the magnitude of the problem. On my W2K system on Dell hardware,
XyWrite is pretty much unusable without Tame (and with it the dedicated
cursor keys and all the keystrokes that have NI in front of them in the
keyboard file are still irritatingly slow).

	I'll be very interested to hear your report on Virtual PC. (Bochs and
Plex86 appear to be more or less equivalent free alternatives, though
Bochs apparently will run programs much more slowly (and Plex86 doesn't
seem to be quite finished).) It would seem that if someone buying a new
PC and they are going to buy Virtual PC (or equivalent), then a sensible
route might be to buy the PC with Linux. (At least, that's my current
plan for my next PC.)

--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics