Bring your own

I wasn't purposely ignoring your previous inquiry; I was just too busy
at the time to answer and think.
 Now that I am in the position of job hunting, I will tell you that
one consideration is the equipment used. More so, because my value to
the company is partially determined by the system -- if they're running
Macs, I would add a stumbling block to the smooth progression of words
to print.
 As to the question re bringing your own equipment: This raises two
issues. First, while of course I would like an environment of my
choosing, I'm still waiting for that super slick laptop of 2-4 lbs.
that will do everything I want it to do.  Second, there is the
legal definition of employee -- I attended an all-day tax seminar for
small businesses yesterday. One of the points used in defining whether
a person is an employee or independent contractor is whether you or
they supply their work tools. Interesting, yes?