Re: Search/Replace Func Characters

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Wed, 19 Feb
2003 13:45:56 -0500

> Brian, I too resisted U2 for years, I blush to say

I don't understand why. If somebody came up to me out of the blue and offered
me a XyWrite extension with 700 routines, some purporting to do sophisticated
things, I'd download it instantly. What risk would I be running? What thought
or consideration would give pause? A virus, perhaps -- the dread XyRus? The
upside is, there might be real "stuff" there. Stuff at least worth skimming
and possibly cherry-picking. What's the downside? Lost time? Absence of
curiosity? A vague apprehension that it would "take over" or I would somehow
"lose control"? Fixed and settled ways, that don't need any modification? I'm
curious what the reasoning is.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx