Screen size

I took a look at my laptop setup. The physical screen itself is quite
small: 10.25" diagonal, 8.25"W by 6.25" H. Resolution is set at 600 X 800
(it's remarkably clear, or I shouldn't be able to read it). I launch
XyWDOS from a desktop shortcut that links to a .pif file, and has the
following settings: Program-->Run-->Normal Window; Advanced-->Suggest
MS-DOS mode as necessary; Font-->Auto; Memory--> all settings auto;
Screen-->Window, Display Toolbar, REstore Settings on Startup, Fast ROM
Emulation, Dynamic memory allocation, and Initial Size Default. This
results in a screen that covers the whole width and all but about 5/8
inch of the depth of the screen and gives a good-sized font (remember,
I'm Miss Myopia in person: something like 60/20 even with glasses).
	For XyWin, by constrast, the desktop shortcut (I use the same XyWin icon
for both, but have edited the label to distinguish the two) is to a file
called XYWIN.LNK--that is, Win95 recognizes it as a Windows app. Hence
there are not all the options that one gets with a pif. Under Properties
I have just Run-->Normal Window. This results in a full screen view, with
just the taskbar at the bottom. Hope this helps.
Patricia