Bitcom help

I think there's a guy in my office who has a Bitcom manual. His (and
for that matter my) opinion of Bitcom is the same as yours.... ICK! If
this guy hasn't tossed the manual, I'll grab it and look through it for
you.

If neither of you could see the other's stuff on the screen, it's
likely that he *wasn't* set for half duplex. That'd generally cause
his end to echo characters to his screen even though you wouldn't be
able to see an echo of what you were typing. Is there any chance you
might talk this guy into adopting Procomm, Telix, Qmodem or something
else decent in place of Bitcom?