OpSys query in XPL

Friends.

I'm working on writing an XPL program (my first, in any language other
than batch) to place at the beginning of STARTUP.INT that finds out
whether MSWin98 is loaded or that XY is running under DOS only O/S;
then brances to two possible SETP choices.

I have the XPL Sig/XY4 guide that Robert edited, and I'm looking at
it. I haven't been able to find the answer to the following question:

How to query the status of O/S in XPL?

I have looked for but not found a variable (VA) for it.

Any suggestions, most welcome.

Fred Weiner