Re: wildcards on xy-III

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Wed, 26
Apr 2006 14:28:28 -0400

> It doesn't exists changes with wildcards, only SEarchs.

That is NOT accurate. Wildcards are legal, but ONLY on the find side of Xy3+
CHange commands (in all flavors: CH|CI|CV). However, I wrote a routine (dated
9/2/1990) that appears in my OODLES.LIBrary for Xy3+ (v3.54+ ONLY!) called
WILDCIA, which managed to perform wildcard changes on both find *and
replacement* sides of the change string. OODLES.ZIP is in this ZIPfile at
xywrite.com:
 http://www.xywrite.com/ttg/share/share.zip
I remember that it worked, and quite well too. Beyond that, I remember very
little, and have no interest in rediscovering it (he said, hoping desperately
to deflect any queries about it).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx