Re: XY on a Mac

Dear Flash,
Thanks for that amazing layered (and annotated screen shot). I see that your results are different from mine; is what you've labeled "virtual w2k" possibly the intermediary that's allowing OSX to interpret the 7-26-108 sorts of dates correctly? I wonder.
I've been away for a week and am catching up on some editing that's
already past deadline, but I'll come back to this question later. I'll
try to get a screen shot, too.
I also signed off of the list for Mon.-Thurs. since I had a vacation
message; so I should search the archives to see whether there's been any
other follow-up to this obscure date question...

Yours,
Carlo