1980 Date in DIR list for XY3+

The new year has brought a new problem: the DA command gets me a 96 date;
the TODAY command gets me a 96 date (both obv. within copy). The OS2Warp
clock has the correct date. If I type ``DATE'' in MS-DOS, I get 1996 dates.
But when I do a DIR in XY3+ and look at the date for when a file was
last stored, it reads the correct month and day, but '80 sted '96.
Given that everything else is on real time, I cannot figure out
where this 1980 is coming from.
Am I missing something obvious? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks.

Richard T. Pienciak
pienciak@xxxxxxxx