Re: XYCONS in PNG format

I don't know if IcoFX will do the specific task you're asking about, but
it's the most promising looking of the free icon editors I've looked at
lately.

(see description at bottom)

-----Original Message-----from: Robert Hologram

> Anybody know of a *free* icon editor that can create a compressed PNG
with all four formats (256/48/32/16)?

IcoFX Portable Edition

Create and edit icon files easily and quickly with IcoFX
IcoFX is a free and useful icon editor which can create easily icons
with transparency for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

In the integrated workspace you can easily preview, save, change your
icons.
You can convert your favorite images into icons, or icons to images.
With the help of many tools and more than 40 effects icon creation is
made easy.
It offers powerful tools like Brighten, Darken, Blur and Sharpen for
retouching your icons in minutes.
tools like Brighten, Darken, Blur and Sharpen for retouching your icons
in minutes.

Here are some key features of "IcoFX":

* Support for Vista icon with PNG compression
* Create icons for Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista
* Support for transparency (alpha channel)
* More than 40 effects + custom filter
* Resolutions up to 256x256
* Data types: 2, 16, 256, True Color, True Color + Alpha
* Extract icons from 32 bit exe and dll
* Import and export images
* Transparent, Brighten/Darken, Blur/Sharpen tools