DEFINE.PGM

I've found Herbert Tyson's XyWrite Revealed to be invaluable in developing
newsroom help and pgm systems for use in our news bureaus (small newsroom
linked to the Portland, OR, daily, The Oregonian). One program in the book that
is excellent is his DEFINE.PM, combned with EXTEND.PM and EXTNDCOL.PM which
allow defined text to be augmented. I have added some function to DEFINE which
I'll attach to this as an upload. The new program, which I call DEFINE.PGM
should be loaded to a saveget (such as &D), and that function should then be
assigned to whatever key you usually assign DF (usually the [F1] key. If anyone
is interested, I also have made a smooth-working combination of Herbert's
EXTEND.PM and EXTCOL.PM which prompts for a key-hit ( [N]ormal or [C]olumn ?).
That pgm is also included in my upload. Since that program requires using
Herbert's CANCELDF, I've included that as well. To make all this work
smoothly, for those not using Herbert's routines, load each of these pgms to a
programming save-get and then load those
&x functions to function keys. For example, I've got DEFINE.PGM on F1,
CANCELDF.PGM on F3 and RESTORDF.PGM on Shift-F3. Enjoy!

*Enclosed File: def-pgms.zip