Re: Backup software

About the ability to restore to completely different hardware: ShadowProtect Desktop has had that feature for years. It’s called ’Hardware Independent Restore’, and requires only that you check a single checkbox when restoring.

I’ve used it with complete success when upgrading to a completely different computer
(different chipset, different CPU, different network hardware, etc., etc.). It works by stripping
out the references in the registry to the chipset, etc., drivers so that Windows installs the ones
appropriate to your new hardware instead of trying to load the old ones and locking up or refusing
to boot.

It’s one reason I’ve always used ShadowProtect Desktop. If I have complete hardware
failure, and I can’t get the same computer I bought three years ago, I can use Hardware
Independent Restore and be working again in less than an hour.