Re: Two or more Xys open

I may not have been fully clear about my question on this. I often have two
Xys open, whether by design or accident, and I know that this is not a
problem in and of itself (although Avrom Fischer is, unaccountably, having
problems).
My question was whether anyone has tried using XPL (or loading instructions
on a key) to have Xy *automatically* open another iteration of itself to do
specified tasks.
BUT... after thinking more about it, I doubt this is a good idea. I can
overcome the safety issues involved in possibly having two copies of the
same file open, but it would be rare that I would want to *just* view
anything in Xy, without any action-implications. Even with a DIR, I'd want
to be able to CAll or delete files shown. And for the rare occasion, I can
click on the Xy icon in XP's quick-launch taskbar to launch another Xy session.
What WOULD be nice is if a single Xy could put its own windows in different
places on the screen. (I know I can size its windows and split them
horizontally or vertically.) But Xy is DOS, so I guess that dream will go
unfulfilled.

Can Nota Bene move its windows separately like this?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx