[none]

> As a newcomer to Win98, I too have found that XyDOS works better in
> full-screen DOS than in a DOS window under Win98. I'd be grateful (and I
> can't believe I'm the only one) if Jeff found it possible to give more
> detail on the tweaking (tweakage?) he mentions.
>
> Cheers
> Eric Van Tassel

Sure, Eric
I'm skipping over a few minor details, but essentially it is this:
1. Create a new shortcut pointing to XyWrite's "Editor.exe"
..... this creates a desktop MS-DOS icon by default, which I have replaced
with
a XyWrite icon because everybody knows that is SO much cooler. Yeah, well
2. Right-click on the icon thus created and then choose "Properties" from
the
drop-down menu.
3. Check to be certain the "Cmd line" under the General properties tab is
actually pointing to "Editor.exe" in the appropriate directory, and that
"Working directory" also points to that directory. Xy's STARTUP.INT will
actually determine your default start directory, but Windows wants to know
from whence the commands cometh.
4. Under the Font tab, select "Both font types" (this may not really
matter)
5. Under the Memory tab, set everything to "Auto"
6. Under the Screen tab, choose "Full Screen," select "Restore setting on
startup" and "Dynamic memory allocation" (everything else on mine is
unselected, though again these may not be critical)
7. Under the "Misc" tab, UNCHECK everything except "Alt+Enter" under the
Windows shortcut keys at the bottom of the window. UNCHECK everything else
except "Warn if still active"
8. After all that, click "OK" to accept the changes.
8. My preference also is to disable screen savers altogether by
right-clicking anywhere on the desktop and opening the "Properties" there,
selecting the Screen Saver and changing the setting to "(None)."
Under these circumstances, on my system, it works. No warranties expressed
or
implied. ?:-)

Jeff Seager