Re: Scroll Lock (was: Macro Recording Glitch)

I too have had problems with trying to record-&-playback (i.e. using Ctrl+K x2
to record, and Shft+F9 to play back) a simple keystroke sequence that includes
. I haven't tried it lately, but I seem to remember that what happens is
that an unwanted ASCII 1 (smiley-face) gets inserted into the file at that
point.

In XPL, on the other hand, I find that the most reliable way to write a hard
return into a program file is to use Scroll Lock for that one keystroke (which I
then insert as Ctrl+).

Incidentally, does anyone else find that turning Scroll Lock OFF again inserts a
superfluous "NI" function call into the program file? I don't know whether
leaving it there would disrupt the operation of the program (I always go back
and delete the "NI" right away, just for the sake of neatness).

This didn't always happen to me -- it was a glitch that crept into the software
some time after I started using it.

Cheers,
					Eric Van Tassel