Re: Accents (in U2)

At 1/2/2003 02:09 AM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
I never intended "o macron" to be used, or attempted...Possibly you can get the printer head to back up a space (PrinterInsert command) and then just put a macron char over "o"...? PI commands mess up flush right, but they work with some printers.
Thank you, Robert. XySearch shows that in 1995 Norman Havens offered a
simple solution to the macron problem for HP printers using substitution
tables in the printer file, a solution that works if you use one font in
your work, which I do. Now if I can figure out how to use the substitution
tables (Xy4 Docs are cryptic on many aspects of using and writing printer
files, but Patricia has some material from Tyson (which I will order today)
and from the XyIII manual, which I foolishly tossed years ago, material
that I hope will offer some basic instruction on printer files and
substitution tables. [BTW, if anyone has the XY3 manual and would be
willing to lend it so I can copy it, I'd be most grateful. Brian Henderson
had written here a bit back about turning that manual into a pdf and I've
asked him about his progress.]

Michael Norman