RE: Threading (Message-ID:)

Patricia,

Having tried every conceivable setup, I am now using MSN Explorer and
Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Word as the email editor. The inbox
shows "FROM - TO - SENT - SIZE - RECEIVED - SUBJECT and whether there is
an attachment." You can change those preferences to suit yourself. You
can go through 50 incoming emails and filter out the spam in seconds.
When writing you can have auto spelling correction, global search and
replace (to eliminate all those "≫≫'s" some annoying people leave in
their forwarded messages). You actually have the entire capabilities of
Microsoft Word in your email editor. You need not be online to read or
write email (only to send and receive) but you can of course stay
online.

Having been a XYWRITE user since 1982 I love it and use it for many
purposes but the best tool for the job of emailing is WORD and OUTLOOK
under Windows XP since they tie into the email program so seamlessly.
You could highlight text in incoming messages and select any typeface or
size you desire to make reading easier (I have 66 year old eyes so I am
familiar with the problem).

I sometimes use Opera as a browser since it is less bloated than MSN
Explorer and use Xywrite for Dos, Xywrite for Windows, Microsof Word,
Nota Bene, Final Draft (for screenwriting), Eudora, etc..

Most of us have an unreasonable (or reasonable - depending on your point
of view) prejudice against Microsoft but that should not prevent you
from selecting the best tool for a particular job and I say again, I
have tried every ISP and every possible combination of email tools but
have yet to find a combo that makes it easier or quicker than
OUTLOOK/WORD.

Regards, Jim