Re: ADV: "SUPER LOW [blah blah blah]" / irrelevant Win95

Now I'm going to write a five-screenful message explaining in excruciating
detail how I'm shocked and outraged by a message that I'll quote in its
entirety in order that you can fully understand how shocked and outraged I am.

Uh, no, on second thought(s), perhaps not. Actually I'm just interested:
how these assh--, excuse me, these enterprising salespersons managed to get
on this list? Did they actually bother to do it in the conventional way?
Or have they managed to hack ListProcessor in order to bypass the
subscription stage?

Nathan, Sir, perhaps you could make a more educated guess.

In the meantime, or to help "pay" for the above, I offer an unsolicited
Win95 tip--from this user of a bog-standard Win95 (first commercial
release, no "service packs") that virtually never crashes. Now and again
Win95 goes into what I think of as sewing-machine mode, doing
something--defragging?--that causes lots of hard drive activity. When that
happens, I *stop typing*. Typing would be muddy anyway. Not typing wastes
occasional periods of as long as ten seconds. *Perhaps* it saves crashes
that might waste periods of longer than ten minutes; I don't claim to know.
Peter Evans