Re: a deeper question

Have you ever tried using Word Perfect for awhile? I have to use
it at work, and hate it. If I had to do much writing at work, I'd
put a copy of XY3 on there to use instead.
  Besides, who cares if there is a standard? What's wrong with
being out of step? And in word processing, what is the standard?
Not WP, or MS-Word either. The secretarial/business world is
about evenly divided between those two. So where's the standard?
You will always find a conflict, and XY's ascii text transfers
far easier than WP into something else.
  I can see abandoning XY for a superior product, or even a
slightly inferior product that is native OS/2, but certainly not
for a very inferior product (WP or Word) that happens to be the
vogue of the clueless.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.