third-party v4 macros book

"I was not aware there was a third-party XyWrite 4 macro manual.
Can you give me details?"

Kenneth Frank: Art Campbell and Bonnie Allen's "XyWrite 4 Macros"
(Windcrest/McGraw-Hill; ISBN 0-8306-4047-9), July 1993, looks
like a quickie update of their "Signature Macros," published six months earlier. From the
"XyWrite 4 Macros" preface: "`XyWrite 4 Macros' was written using versions
1.0, 1.01, and 1.02 of Signature and version 4.01b (beta) of XyWrite 4. ...
Versions of Signature and/or XyWrite for Microsoft Windows and
OS/2 had been announced but not released when this edition was
written, in late 1991, 1992, and early 1993. However, portions of
the book were written and some macros were tested with alpha and
pre-beta versions of Signature for Windows." The included disk
has a Signature label. Authors thank "lots of current and former
employees of XyQuest Inc.," but carefully avoid mentioning who
the xyWrite developer is.

Campbell, then a XyVision course developer, of course wrote the
Addison-Wesley xyWrite 3+ "Expert Advisor" reference work.
Actually, the bookstore where I see "XyWrite 4 Macros"
specializes in computer manual remainders but sells this one at
the cover price, $32.95. I bought mine from the remainder bin of
a chain bookstore. Superficial. Has none of the depth of
Tyson's "XyWrite Revealed." This one's strictly for the
DisplayWrite crowd
(crowd?).  --annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc