Re: Stopping USB drives from XY4

 I have no accesss to Win 98 or any version of Win other
 than XP Pro, and I can confirm that Robert is right, as
 least as regards XP. If one loads that programme asso-
 ciated with the icon "Safely Remove Hardware," one gets
 the message "Safe to remove now" or something very similar.
 Perhaps this does not occur with Win 98 or versions of Win
 other than XP. I cannot tell. Maybe someone using XP
 can confirm that this is how XP works? I also have a
 laptop running XP, and I get the same results on the lap-
 top. M.W. Poirier

----