Re: adding tilde to keyboard file

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 03 Jun 1999 12:39:56 EDT

> i have tried to remove all evidence of fooling with the shift+41 key
> since i couldn't get the tilde to work. now when i try to load the
> xy4-3.kbd file i get the following message:

> customization file contains an unrecognized command. ~~~41=  :32

Sounds like something has gotten messed up. You may need surgery. Why not ZIP up
your KBD file, attach it to a msg, I'll insert all the variant versions of tilde in
it (1, 3, and 5-byte), and then ship it back to you. Then you can test them all,
to see the several results. Remember: if you're putting more than one character
on a line in the KBD file, you need to _start_ the line with a function, typically
NO (NoOp). That looks like your problem (or part of it anyway) here.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx