adding tilde to keyboard file

Robert,

>If you have XYWWWEB.U2 installed, you can issue "putchar 126d,1", put your
> Cursor in text (e.G. In your KBD file), then hit your Helpkey. That will
generate
> A 1-byte tilde.

Thanks for your suggestion; i did not discover this function before. This
will be useful for generate special characters, for which I don't have a
"key".

> Frankly, I've found that I _need_ my tilde...

Me too. My 1-byte-hyphen is left on its original position (key 41) for my
standard keyboard (i.e. US keyboard) that I have on my PC at home. The PC I
use in the office has an Italian keyboard: in that keyboard there is not an
hyphen key. After have done all the modifications required for the Italian
keyboard layout, I wanted to dedicate one key to produce one-byte hyphen:
so I captured the hyphen from the standard keyboard file (key 41) and
copied it to the Italian keyboard file. I have no problem to produce the
3-byte hyphen: just I push ctrl-alt-shift 126.
Ciao

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx