Re: Chapter 3

At 07:42 AM 10/29/97 -0500, Tim B. wrote:

>PC Magazine published Winsearch, a file searcher that looks for filenames or
>file contents and includes grep- or perl-style regular expressions
>(wildcards). There are 16- and 32- bit versions. I haven't seen it lately
>in PC Mag's listings, but I bet you can find it at their site. Works a lot
>like XyWrite's "find" command, but searches multiple directories.

Win95 has file and text search built in to Explorer, but I rarely use it. Is
Winsearch any better? In a later message you say: "It works a lot like the
Win 95 Find applet in the Start menu, but it adds regular expressions."
What's a regular expression? (I'll mercifully skip the obvious jokes.)

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx