stable, as well. It is an alternative to Microsoft and Apple, not an
easy way running Windows or Mac programs.

Myron

On 2009-09-27, at 2:26 PM, Andy Turnbull wrote:
what's the advantage of Ubunu? Will it run xy?

andy t

----- Original Message ----- From: "Myron Gochnauer"
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: WinXP screen buffer
I too have tried to get OS X running on my PC using VMware
Workstation. I haven't been able to even begin to do it, so keep us
informed on your progress.

The Dell Mini 10v, along with a number of other "netbooks", actually
run OS X "straight", as it were, not via emulation. The idea is that
since Mac is now using Intel processors, OS X ought to run natively on
similar Intel machines. And it does. The main problems seem to be
with drivers for video cards, WiFi etc. Some of the netbooks
apparently need drivers that OS X happens to support, so they run OS X
fairly well. I don't know where or why I am having problems.

OS X on the little Dell 10V is not as easily accomplished as Linux /
Ubuntu, which I installed this morning. My 10V is now dual-boot:
WinXP (SP3) and Ubuntu 9.04.

Myron