Re: The new Jumbo U2 is up!

Dear Carl
I have installed the OED frame and it launches OED from inside XY4, so thanks.
OED4 is supposed to be able to carry out a word look-up from within
other programs, although I have never been able to get it to work. Have
you ever tried to implement this from XY4?
I have a curious problem when using OED version 2 in XY4 in XP both
inside and outside VDOS. When I ask it to preform a word-lookup from
within a document the routine generates a bat file with a name which is
an eight digit number. When it does, my firewall queries the bat file.
 (I use Privatefirewall 7.0.) I can allow it to run, but unfortunately
the eight digit number changes each time and so each time the firewall
queries the bat file as an unknown executable. There does not seem to
be any obvious way around this as -- so far as I know -- my firewall
does not allow me to define a file with wildcards and put it on a white
list. There is probably no solution to this, but if you have any ideas
they would be much appreciated.

Best wishes

Paul