XYWRITE DEVEL

XY-> Kenneth Frank:

XY-> Annie Fisher's comments about upgrading from Xy4 deserve a response.

XY-> The policy we have adopted is in my judgment extremely fair.  You can either
 -> buy support on a per call or per annum basis, or if you continue to buy our
 -> current product, you get free support for any of our products you may own.

Well, my first message on the topic was cut (I suppose I
shouldn't use 3 vertical dots for ellipsis!), but in re-reading
K. Frank's message and annie's, I do have a question:

Are the two of you talking cross-purposes?

Since annie purchased xy 4, does that qualify her for free
support "for any of our products you may now own"? Does that mean
her Xy 3+ is "free" too?

If so, annie are you arguing in terms of user freedom, rather
than your own self-interest?

--Chet

P.S.s
Anyway. Technical support: big deal. I do the decent thing and
report a problem while giving particulars, and then I'm told the
problem doesn't exist.

Nathan: As for going from the Xy 4 keyboard to Xywin, you won't
have as big a cultural shock as I had in going from 3+ to
Xywin, but it will depend on how much your keyboard customization
involves the alt keys. I can tell you my own 3+ keyboard file
locked in record time in Xywin, but I can use it pretty much as
is in Xy 4.
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx