Re: Anyone using IBID+ ?

John G. and others,

I use Ibid extensively as my bibliographic database, basically
because any writing I do is in XyWrite and having access to the
reference while in my word processor is convenient. The only
entries I do these days in my original askSam bibliographic
database are journal titles and other periodicals (to keep
track of where I may find interesting articles). Ibid works well.
The only problem I have relates to Ibid Plus, rather than Ibid
per se. Since I have added some fields to the bibliographic
database, I cannot view records without freezing the program.

Ibid does use the fine-grained categories of library and CD-ROM
bibliographic databases. One of these days I will transfer
my askSam records into Ibid, but I will need to do a little
creative programming on both the askSam and Xywrite side to
massage the data into form. You would have to do the same if
you want to get your references out of dBase into Ibid.

When I updated to Xy 4.017, the package contained new disks for
Orbis, Ibid and Ibid Plus (which I reinstalled after the
reinstallation of Xywrite).

A friend of mine uses askSam for Windows for his bibliographic
database, even though he brought Orbis, Ibid and Ibid Plus along
with Xywrite 4. Pro-Cite for Windows will work with Xywrite (at
least the Window version), creating the reference section from
citations in a text. But I only know about what Pro-Cite can
do from reading the box. I have no personal experience with it.

Ed Plummer
At 01:49 PM 10/27/96 +0800, J.L. Gordon wrote:
>1. Is anyone using Ibid, and, if so, how good is it?
>2. Has it been updated to work with Xy 4.016 and 4.017?
>3. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for any other reference
>software that works well with Xy4. (Note: we use EndNote in my
>department, but it doesn't run in Win-OS2, so it's out for me. [
>Incidentally, the only disadvantage I've ever encountered using this
>OS (g) ]
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Cheers,
>John G.

Intricate Decisions
P.O. Box 55661               Decision Support
Riverside, CA 92517         on Human Issues and Markets
                   in a Culturally Diverse,
Tel: 909/ 274-9829           Information-Rich and
Fax: 909/ 787-5409            Computer-Assisted
Email: oeplummer@xxxxxxxx          World
    orlay.plummer@xxxxxxxx