Anyone using IBID+ ?

Comrades,

I bought the IBID/Orbis package when Xy4 first came out some years
ago. I never gave Ibid a try because it appeared not to be able to
import data from my existing dbase3 books and articles database.
Well, I am now again looking for bibliographic software and thought I
would try what I've bought. Alas, the version of Ibid I have informs
me, on install, that it is about to update my Xy4 files to v.4.015.
That, of course, is a step or two backwards. So, before I go further
with this, a few questions:

1. Is anyone using Ibid, and, if so, how good is it?
2. Has it been updated to work with Xy 4.016 and 4.017?
3. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for any other reference
software that works well with Xy4. (Note: we use EndNote in my
department, but it doesn't run in Win-OS2, so it's out for me. [
Incidentally, the only disadvantage I've ever encountered using this
OS (g) ]

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
John G.