Re: how to set pagefile system size and location

--- flash@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Harry,
>
> If you have multiple physical hardrives, you can
> have one pagefile.sys on each HD and share the CPU
> load across them all. No sense in having multiple
> pagefile.sys files on the same HD though.

For a long time, I was sharing one Pagefile.Sys
(location) for my two W2K boot partitions. So, they
would alternate on the different boots, overwriting
each other. And I got away with this with no ill
effect, also for a very long time. But I now think it
was living dangerously, Win-wise. It contributed to
major boot failure problems, when the time came to
migrate everything to a larger hard drive. Now that
I've managed to increase the size of those boot
partitions, and relocated them to the larger drive,
each is carrying its own pagefile locally, although I
have downsized the pagefiles substantially. So far,
it seems to be working out.

 Jordan