Re: how to set pagefile system size and location

J R FOX wrote:
For a long time, I was sharing one Pagefile.Sys
(location) for my two W2K boot partitions. So, they
would alternate on the different boots, overwriting
each other.
That sounds awfully dangerous to me. And reminds me of another gotcha
I've been meaning to alert people to. If you're dual-booting XP and
Vista, and have used Vista's built-in partition tool, both versions
can see each other's boot drives. So if you use System Restore in one
version, then boot the other, it will see and overwrite that Restore
Point, and when you switch back to the first opsys, your Restore Point
is gone (and any restore point you set in opsys #2 has taken its
place). Third-party partition tools can apparently make the two boot
partitions invisible to each other, but Microsludge evidently didn't
want that to happen. (Heard this from a usually reliable source.)

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx