Re: Unusual Plan for XyWWWeb.U2 v119 + NBWin Beta v8.0s

--- Patrick Cox  wrote:

> What about the apparent serial number on opening
> screen?

That should be the screen you get when Executing
"Help", with no arguments. (Built-in Help, not the U2
variety.) There *was* a s/n displayed this way by
Xy-3, but _not_ by Xy-4. Don't know about XyWin.
However, I would expect the s/n was still present
somewhere inside our *original* Editor.Exe files.
This all became moot, though, because we all
(probably) went over to the 4.018 Y2K bugfix .Exe, and
those would all have the same S/N.

If you still have your initial 4.x program disk or
Editor.Exe file, do a search inside it for "4.0" with
a Hex editor and I bet you'll find a S/N. I think
they were findable this way inside the 3.x Editor.Exe
files, in addition to via the Help screen.

Qualifying upgrade or no, this is all going to be
academic. (As is probably fitting for NB.) Who's
gonna have the XyQuest customer records for reference
?

Jordan